Affordable Connectivity Program ensure that all people have access to affordable broadband, the program can help to bridge the gap between those who have access to the internet and those who do not.
What is Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a U.S. government program which low-income family a discount on internet services so they don't have to decide between purchasing broadband or other necessities.
The program also provides a one-time discount on a phone or internet-capable device, such as wifi router.
Optimum has partnered with the federal government to participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program.
What does Affordable Connectivity Program provides?
- A $30 per month benefit to help households afford access to Optimum high-speed internet service.
- Up to a $75 per month discount if the household is on qualifying tribal lands.
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer.
- The program is limited to one Affordable Connectivity Program benefit or Lifeline Program benefit per household.
Optimum Affordable Connectivity Program Eligibility?
Eligibility for the program is defined by Federal Affordable Connectivity Program, Optimum does not determine eligibility.
- Have a household income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Meets the eligibility criteria for Optimum existing low-income program.
- You already receive one or more of below benefits
- You already receive a Lifeline Program benefit; OR
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; OR
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start (income based)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Programed
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), which used to be called Food Stamp
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Federal Housing Assistance Program(Section 8)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Those living on Qualified Tribal lands and participating in one of the following assistance programs: OR
Participates in certain assistance programs, such as one of the following: OR
What documentation will I need to apply?
- Documentation that verifies your identity (birth certificate, driver’s license, passport, green card, e.g.)
- Document that verifies your address (utility bill, lease statement, W-2, e.g.)
- If you live with another adult who participates in the ACP, you will need to complete the ACP Household worksheet.
- If you qualify through your income you will need to provide a document that shows that your annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- If you participate in qualifying programs, provide a letter or official document as proof.
- If you are an emancipated minor, you must include court documents or certificate of emancipation.
Apply for Optimum Affordable Connectivity Program
Check if You Qualify
First, See if your household fits into any eligible categories before you apply for Optimum wireless service.
Check if someone else at your address gets ACP
Use this ACP Household worksheet if someone else at your address gets the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit.
The answers to these questions will help you find out if there is more than one household at your address.
Federal Poverty Guidelines
|POVERTY LIMIT FOR THE 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA|
|Persons in Family||Poverty Limit(100%)||Poverty Limit(200%)|
|For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $5,140 for each additional person.|
Affordable Connectivity Program Providers
- Charter Communications
- Google Fiber
- Cox Communications
- Consolidated Communication
Check Out full list Affordable Connectivity Program Provider
FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How long will affordable connectivity program last?
The ACP is a permanent, Federally-funded program that offers ongoing services and there is no end date to a program.
2. Is the affordable connectivity program permanent?
Yes, the Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP) is a Federally funded program and is permanent.
3. Is Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP) legitimate?
Yes. The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a U.S. government program that helps many low income households pay for broadband service and internet connected devices.
4. Is Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP) the same as Emergency Broadband Benefit program (EBB)?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit program (EBB) was replaced by the ACP in 2022. The benefits are similar, and the ACP includes a one-time device discount.
5. When did the ACP program start?
The ACP began accepting enrollments on December 31, 2021.
6. How can I sign up for the Optimum Affordable Connectivity Program?
7. Do I receive the money directly each month or Optimum?
No, the Affordable Connectivity Program provides a monthly discount on internet service bill by up to $30 per eligible household directly to Optimum.
8. What is the enhanced benefit amount for residents of Tribal Lands?
Eligible households on Tribal lands can receive a total monthly discount of up to $75. You can find out more about which areas are eligible Tribal lands by visiting this site: Enhanced Tribal Benefits
9. Can I apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program if I have a past due balance with Optimum?
Yes, if you are eligible for benefits you can participate in program with a past due balance or a balance in collections with Optimum.
10. Can I sign up for the Affordable Connectivity Program if I am already a Optimum customer or if I was a customer in the past?
Yes, the benefit is available to eligible new, prior and existing customers of Optimum.
11. Can my roommate and I each get a monthly discount?
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount per household, which is defined as any individual or group of individuals who are living together at the same address and share income and expenses.
12. If I already receive Lifeline benefits will I automatically receive the Affordable Connectivity Program?
No. You must opt-in with your existing provider or request enrollment in the Affordable Connectivity Program with a participating internet provider and chose an eligible service plan.