Nearly every American family is looking for medical debt relief at one time or another. Medical debt almost never happens by choice and usually is the product of an unforeseen illness or accident. Based on their situation (insurance, medicaid eligibility etc.) people need help with medical bills, dental care, vision care or on going medical prescriptions. Sometimes, people don’t go for dental and vision treatments due to lack of insurance. People end up taking high interest personal loan or payday loans to pay for these unforeseen medical expenses.
We started BenefitsExplorer as a resource to help people in need. We came across a number of people who were not aware of options available to them for better managing their unforeseen illness. There are options available to take care of your medical situation and health. These options help you with your insurance, prescription, free medical consultation and , in some cases, even pay off your medical debt. We want people to learn and understand their options, before going down a specific path to manage their illness. We have summarized these options into four buckets. You can use our form to quickly check the ones that are applicable to your situation.
Federal government and private entities provide subsidized insurance that you might not know. These options include Medicaid, health insurance subsidies based on your income level, CHIP (children’s insurance). One should fully evaluate their insurance options before going for the treatment.
Copay, Insurance & Financial Assistance
When you can’t afford the medication you need, the assisted fund is here to help. They manage more than 40 funds covering a wide range of serious and chronic diseases. You may receive assistance through multiple programs simultaneously, as long as funding is available.
Provide grants for:
- Copay Assistance: Offer copay assistance if you need help paying for your portion of your prescription medication after insurance has paid its portion.
- Health Care Expenses: Help you pay for your out-of-pocket premiums for eligible health insurance plans, as well as incidental healthcare expenses.
- Insurance Premium and Incidentals: These programs help you pay for your out-of-pocket premiums for eligible health insurance plans, as well as incidental healthcare expenses.
Medicaid : Health Insurance
Medicaid is a joint federal-state program that provides health coverage or nursing home coverage to certain categories of low-asset people, including children, pregnant women, parents of eligible children, people with disabilities and elderly needing nursing home care.
Since Medicaid is administered by the Medicaid agency in your state, eligibility may vary from one state to another. Here are basic requirements to be eligible for medicaid in most of the state.
Provides a broad level of health insurance coverage including
- Doctor visits
- Hospital expenses
- Nursing home care
- Home health care
- long-term care costs
Medicare : Health Insurance
Medicare is a national United States health insurance program for senior U.S. Citizen. It is also for people with certain disabilities or end-stage kidney failure. Basic Medicare comes in two parts: A and B.
- Medicare Part A provides coverage if you’re hospitalized.
- Medicare Part B provides coverage for doctor visits and other “outpatient” costs such as medical equipment and physical therapy.
- Medicare Part C, known as Medicare Advantage, is an alternative to Parts A and B. If you want it, you have to buy it.
- Medicare Part D provides prescription drug coverage. It is a separate policy you buy from a private insurer.
Medicaid and CHIP : Insurance Programs
- Medicaid and CHIP offer free or low-cost health insurance for kids and teens.
- Routine check-ups
- Inpatient and outpatient hospital care
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Doctor visits
- Emergency services
- Dental and vision care
We ,at BenefitsExplorer, believe that people should not have to choose between medical treatment and their financial welfare. If any of these options help you in your medical emergency or needs, do share and spread the word.